Hello, this is Luciano :)
Since I started navigating the great Internet, my nickname has been"loige", that's why this website is called "loige.co".
I am a passionate software engineer born in 1987, the same year that “Super Mario Bros” was released in Europe, which, by chance is my favourite game!
I started coding early at the age of 12, hacking away with my father's old i386 armed only with MS-DOS and the QBasic interpreter and I have been professionally a software developer for more than 10 years.
I am currently a Solution Architect at Vectra AI in Dublin where I am working on automating the hunt for cyberattackers and speeding-up incident response.
I love the fullstack web, Node.js and Serverless so I co-authored the book Node.js design patterns, launched FullStack Bulletin (a semi-automated newsletter for Fullstack developers) and ServerlessLab (in-house serverless training).
This has been my personal tag-line for a while:
Web developer, entrepreneur, fighter, butterfly maker!
Yep, I am a FullStack web developer, even though I am transitioning more and more to a Solution Architect role.
I was an entrepreneur: during the first part of my career, I co-founded several companies, a couple of web and software agencies and even a startup, Sbaam.com, that aimed to disrupt the emerging fashion brands industry. I can't say any of these businesses was seriously successful, but I definitely learned a lot and I believe I still preserve some of that entrepreneurial mindset.
I am a fighter, I enjoy practicing martial arts as a hobby and as a way to stay healthy both phisically and mentally. I have a red belt (master) in Sicilian Stick Fighting (yep, such thing really exists), black belt in Judo and blue belt in Brasilian Jiu-Jitsu.
For what concerns the "butterfly making" part, well... you will have to ask me in person :)
Speaking and workshops
I take any chance I have to speak at tech conferences or to deliver workshops. I have currently delivered 27 conference talks and workshops.
You can consult the speaking page if you want to know more about my past and future engagements.
I love to write technical articles to share my knowledge and, most importantly, to confront my learnings with other people and get better bit by bit.
In the last few years, I have published 41 articles in this blog and contributed to 10 articles for other publishers.
Latest article on this blog
- AWS Command line: S3 content from stdin or to stdout
- 2017 - A year in review
- From bare metal to Serverless
- Using Let’s Encrypt and Certbot to automate the creation of certificates for OpenVPN
- My Serverless talk at Shift conference in Split
See all the articles in the blog section.
Articles on other websites
- Create a custom Slack slash command with Node.js and Express
- Building a JWT Token Cracker with ZeroMQ & Node.js (Part 2.)
- ZeroMQ & Node.js Tutorial - Cracking JWT Tokens (Part 1.)
- Meet the community: Luciano Mammino, software developer from Sicily
- With Node.js, it’s easy to get things done
- React on the Server for Beginners: Build a Universal React and Node App
- Building a Slack Bot with Node.js and Chuck Norris Super Powers
- A beginner’s guide to deploying static sites with versioning and rollbacks using Flightplan
- A practical guide to building fast web applications in the cloud
Here are some of the side projects I am involved with: